Re: 325 starting mystery

Thanks to all who responded to my 325i starting mystery. Recall ,
i let my 1995 325iA sit for three weeks, battery went totally dead - tried
starting while battery wasn't fully charged, then tried jumping , but
evidently ( in retrospect) the engine was already flooded because
it would not start - crank and crank, on the verge, but no start.
Anyhow , I let it sit for two days, while trickle charging  the battery.
Then, after 48 hours of sitting, I tried again.  Crank, crank, trying to
start - I thought of Jimmy Stewart in "Flight of the Phoenix" crank, cough,
cough, finally, it cought ( had gas pedal mashed to floor)
sputtered and started running! EUREKA !  So the lesson is, never try to start
with a battery that will crank and dump fuel into cylinders, but not enough
juice to start the car.
Case closed.
Thanks again to to those who responded. You know who you are.
Norm B.