Re: 1987 528e

Brett:
	I did not catch that you did replace the SI board.  Lets clarify
that we are talking about the right part because there are three circuit
boards in the instrument cluster and your problem sounds just like an SI
board problem.  But before we go any further let me ask if you have any
service indicator lights?  The other question is if there was two AA size
batteries in the board that you replaced?  If you replaced the old SI board
with a used one the chances are that the used one is faulty as well,  if
there is long term power failure to the SI board the Ni-Cad batteries fail.
Hope this helps.

Jason Everett
Product Development Chemist
Meguiar's, Inc.