E30 325i hard to start when warm

Hi people,

We have a 1990 325i SE, and it has this small problem-

If you drive it until it is fully warm, then shut it off for 20+ minutes, it
is hard to start. It cranks and cranks, but doesn't fire. If you hit the gas
it will sometimes start, or if you switch off and try again, it *will*
start - always on the second attempt. Whne cold it will start instantly
(about 1 sec cranking)

The car has a new cap and rotor, sparkplugs, cleaned ICV and on order are a
new air filter, rubber air intake boot (small cracks, not right through),
and fuel filter.

It is also in need of a valve adjustment, but I can't see that affecting it
:-)

If somebody has an Idea, or if there is likely something else I need to do,
*please* let me know :-) Thanks heaps!!!

(posted to E30 -onelist, E30-rennlist and BMW-digest)

Allan :-)
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9040/
"How do I set my laser printer on stun?"