RE: Please Help!!! 1987 528e

Brett Wrote:

<<My main concern is the SI board.  I need to know where to
<<get one as cheap and reiable as possible and where to locate it on the
car.

Brett:

In the e28 the SI board is in the instrument cluster.  It is very easy to
get out, but only if you remove the stearing wheel.  I do have one question
for you, and that is why the SI board? You may not need a new one but merely
to replace the ni-cad battery on the old one with two metal hydride
batteries(any reasonable electronics shop will do this for you at a low
cost).  If you want to realy go all out the new replacenet boards don't have
any batteries on them at all and should never need replacemant,  but they
cost about $250.00.

Have Fun :)

Jason

'85 528e