RE: shift boot

> The manual shift boot on my '90 325ic has ripped...I bought a
> replacement from Bavarian Auto, but I can't seem to remove
> the shift knob. I've tried turning and pulling, and it won't
> budge. Please tell me the proper way to remove it...thanks a lot!

Lorenzo,
Lucky you. Mine pops off at every other autocross. Perhaps the previous
owner of your car has glued it in?
Pull straight up. As hard as you can. There is nothing to break as the knob
plain sits on the shift lever.
Open the sunroof to avoid hitting the roof with your hands ;-)

good luck,
alex f