RE: 318 seat lifting up

> 1991 318is
> The left hand side of the drivers seat back is lifting up. It
> seems like it just came out of socket somehow. I hoping nothing
> has broken. Has anyone dealt with this phenomenon before?

Mark,
Remove the seat back cover (two Phillips screws at the bottom of the cover,
then pull down). Look around and you will find that the back is primarily
attached to the seat with two other Phillips screws on each side. The screw
on the left hand side of your seat has worked itself out. It should be lying
around somewhere close by.
Find it, give it a lock-tight bath and screw it back in.

alex f