[none]

To: bmw-digest@domain.elided, M535i@domain.elided, bmwuucdigest@domain.elided

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 19100 17:58:14 -0800 (PST)

Subject: <E28> Part throttle stumble

I apologize for the cross-posting but I desperately need to fix the problem by tommorrow morning as I have to drive from NJ to GA tommorrow.

My 1988 535is developed a bad stumble at part throttle today.  The more load on the engine (the more I push the gas pedal), the worse it stumbles.  At wide open  throttle (WOT), it runs fine.  This problem manifests itself all the way up to 4500 RPM.  I did not try driving at engine speeds higher than that due to the horrific road conditions in NJ tonight.  Also, the car seems to idle a little rougher than usual, but my car always idles like crap so the rougher idle may not be related.

The problem can't be fuel or ignition related because the car runs fine at WOT.  Which sensors does the ECU reference ap part throttle but ignore at WOT?

Ed "Dirt Tracking in the Snow" Walters

Ed Walters

Team DFL

teamdfle28@domain.elided