Re: BMWCCA Questions?

William Wallace wrote:
>I'm a new BMWCCA member #177841.  I have seen the web site and gotten my
>first issue of the Roundel.  Am I missing something or just ignorant to what
>else the club offers?  However, I may not be able to fully realize the
>benefits because I am currently stationed in Germany.  Do they have a
>mailing list like this one?  Do they have a tech question and answer forum
>online?  or is everything snail-mail?  Thanks for the input from all.
>
>WW

Yes, you're missing the involvement that only participating in local
chapter events can bring.  Driving schools, autocrosses, gymkhanas,
rallies, tours, dinners, social events, tech sessions, race corrals, etc
are all part of CCA local chapter activity.  Your membership automatically
puts you in one of our 60 local chapters, however, being that we are the
BMW Car Club of AMERICA, we do not have chapters in Germany.  Sorry about
that.  There has been some discussion about getting members stationed
overseas together for events and if someone wanted to pursue that, I'm sure
we could get the National Office to help with a data base with which fellow
members could be contacted.

Our Technical Service Advisors are regionally avialable by phone, and at
least two of them list email addresses.  Check the Club Services page of
your Roundel.

- -Phil Marx
 BMW CCA #6021