87' 325is suspension?

I recently bought a 87'325is and i feel that the suspension isnt what it
should be. I beleive the stock shocks are Bilstein, and they were replaced
by the previous owners not more thatn 20,000 miles ago. Now the car has
150,000 miles and has been kept in excelent condition for the age, but i
feel that maybe the springs or shocks are shot. But they shouldnt be. Is it
possible for the springs to have become soft over 150,000 miles? If you have
any info for me please help. What would you reconmend to do? Bilsteins have
a lifetime warranty so can I return them if they arent stiff anymore? How
would you Make your suspension better? What springs and shocks do you
reconmend? Please help me! Thank you. Jason