Re: e36 M3 swaybar

I don't know who told you an E36 M3 front swaybar doesn't fit the other E36 3
series vehicles; my experience is that it does, it's just that the 3 series
cars use a short endlink that connects to the control arm while the M3 has a
long endlink that connects to a bracket on the strut.  However, the M3's
front swaybar is smaller (22.5 - 23 mm) than the other 3 series (24 - 26 mm).
 The inverse is true too; the M3's rear bar is larger than the 3 series
vehicles.

There are larger adjustable front bars (27mm) available from both Dinan and
BMP Design; typical cost is ~$275.

M Sipe