UK BMW 328i Problem with UK unleaded

Hi
    I wondered if you could help or tell me someone who could, I am thinking
of buying a second hand '95 UK BMW 328i but have heard that they had a
problem with UK unleaded fuel which needed the head, block and pistons to be
changed after about 30,000 miles on some cars.
I believe the UK unleaded fuel caused damage damage to these engine
components.

Have you heard of this or can you tell of anyone who could advise me, any
details or help much appreciated.

I am worried about buying this model if there is a problem, what is BMW's
position on this if the problem exists.

Many Thanks
Regards

Gordon