Check Engine Light

Hi Fellow Bimwads.

I have a 95 M3 that has been stored for a month (Winter time :) ).
Yesterday, I start the car to warm up the engine, which I usually do that
once a week but yesterday my check engine light went up, so I pulled out the
flash code and I get the code 1221 which was EGO Sensor #1
I remember couple of months ago my  check engine went on, that time it was
Lambda Control and stays on for like a day and the next day it went off
until yesterday with a different code.

Now, the questions are, What is EGO Sensor? What Is Lambda control? And what
should I do?  What caused it? Is it a big problem that I should take care of
it?

Any ideas/suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David