Advice requested

As I've gotten more and more hooked on this driving thing I've kind of
come to the conclusion that eventually I will end up bringing my car home
on a flatbed. Since I only have one car right now that would be a big
problem :)

So I've kind of made up my mind to get a second car. If I had lots of
money (I don't, I'm a working stiff with a family) to spend I think my
first choice would be an E30 M3. Most of those still seem to be out my my
reach so I've been considering other options, mostly based on getting some
sort of E30. I'm also concerned that if I found a M3 in my price range
(less than $10K) it would be a real money pit. From what I've seen so far
it looks like M parts are way (way!) more expensive than regular BMW
parts.

So one idea I came up with would be to find a real cheap 325e and put an
M50 engine in it.  Another was to spend a little more initally and get a
325is and drive it as is. So I'm looking for other people's experiences,
opinions, advice etc. Any input is welcome!

- --
Joel Gallun
'93 525iT
CCA National Capital Chapter