Re: Front shocks '87 325

I have been informed that the front shocks on my 1987 325 are leaking.
However, my BMW mechanic, who I trust, has advised me that the leaking
is not so bad as to require immediate replacement. He suggested
probably this summer would be a good time to replace them. I was quoted
$170.00/ea for Bilstein's
If you're doing Bilsteins, you'd better do them all around.  Mixing low
pressure and high pressure gas shocks is not a good idea. Find another shop
and go with the Boge Gas shocks.  Make sure you get the appropriate
hardware with the shocks...good bump stops, dust boots and spring pads are
important.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com