Re: Who's the best source for 2002 parts?

In a message dated 12/20/99 1:23:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided Jay Karolyi writes:

<< I recently acquired a '71 2002 in decent shape and I plan to make it my
 daily driver in non-motorcycle weather.  The engine shakes when I shut it
 down and the shifter is extremely sloppy.  I think it needs motor and
 transmission mounts, as well as replacement shifter bushings.  Am I on the
 right track?

 In any case, I would appreciate some recommendations as to the best source
 for 2002 parts.  I have a catalog from Bavarian Autosports and their prices
 seem OK...any experiences with them?  Any places with better prices?

Yes, indeed you may have cracked motor mount(s)...this will definitely cause
the engine to shift/vibrate...you'll especially notice it when shifting.

Bav Auto is ok, used to have much better prices than recently (2002 stuff
went way up in price in the current catalog!)...I'd highly recommend Bimmer
Parts @ www.bimmerpartsco.com (1-800-274-2466), or Maximillian Importing
(1-800-950-2002).  Also check out www.bayarea02.com for additional 2002 parts
suppliers info.

Good luck,