Thanks! Summary of Responses: Was <E34> Worsening Oil Leak

MANY THANKS to all for the help with the oil leak in=20
my wife's '89 535i.
Due to popular demand, I'm posting a summary=20
of the off-line responses I received.

Original Post follows; Summary of Responses at end.

I wrote:
>Pardon the cross post, but I can't remember
>where I saw this mentioned.
>
>'89 535i 127K miles
>Car never leaked a drop through 100K.
>Last 10K (3 oil changes) it's progressively
>leaking more and more oil on the garage floor.
>Quick crawl underneath gave no clues.
>I recall someone posting this as common
>in E34s with over 100K, and identifying the culprit.
>Can't find the post in the archives.
>Ideas from the list?  Thanks.
>Mike Sopchick
>Washington DC=20
>89 535i (leaky)
>85 325e (new head gasket in; back home today! Jim C. chip staying in)
>83 380SL (daily driver status ends tomorrow!)

And the answer is . . . .=20

Top choice:
leak from larger of 2 bolts holding front crank
sensor in place.  Nicely described by Brett Anderson
at http://www.koalamotorsport.com/m30oil.leak.htm

Second Choice:
replace oil pan gasket (probably a shop job, unless you
have a lift)

Other choices:
oil pressure sensor mounted to=20
     back of upper driver's side of head
valve cover gasket
timing chain tensioner on front
     passenger side of motor

Again, MANY thanks to all for the help.
Mike Sopchick
Washington DC

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.