Problems taking fan off...E28

Hello and thank you all for your replies to my questions regarding "changing of
 timing belt". I started on the project but gave up after I could not take the
fan off. I got a hold of the nut holding the fan to the coolant pump but it wou
ld not budge.

I read the bently manual before I started so I knew it was reverse threaded. So
 I was turning (or trying to) in the correct direction, but not luck. Is there
any way in which I can get leverage to apply more force to it?  Bentley says to
 quickly strike the wrench, I think if i try that any more I will fracture my h
and.  I think the "strike the wrench" thing is used in an ideal situation.

Can I hold the pump in some way that will allow me to apply alot of force witho
ut the base turning, or is there some other way to remove the fan or can I get
around it somehow?

I was thinking that I might be able to remove the screws holding the pully and
remove the fan and pully together and then after it is off then remove the fan
from the pulley....is this possible? Or is there not enough clearance btw the f
an and pulley to remove the screws?

Thank you

SMS