E is for Eta

Someone asked:
<< E30: What does "s" mean in 325is >>

And someone replied:
>The "s" mean sport and the "e" for the 325e is economy.

According to the BMW  Enthusiast's Companion

E is for Eta (high fuel efficiency engine)

S can been Special or Sports
In this case, it's Sport

Now I thought a S model was generally a two door.
Or is that only on E36s?

...steven

mailto:steven@domain.elided              http://318ti.org
Germantown, MD  ---> Dealer Service comments http://www.servicecounts.net
1998 318ti Arrest Me Red Sport 'FUN2DRV'      National Capital Chapta
w/ open air roof, armrest, pealing lower lip, rear spoiler, Z3 spiral antenna
vented front rotors, kevlar ss brakelines, xbrace, braless, paint chips
Z3 1.9 shift lever w/ lighted knob and euro-intermittent wiper module
My memory is so bad that I get lost on a skid pad. (c) 1999