RE:1997 740i (e38) vs a used S320 Mercedes -

> If I were in your position I would go for a 96-97
> 750il or even a new 740 sport or why not even a S500 or S600.. with
> either  BMW, no you dont get the tank like feel but who says thats good??
> well thats  just my opinion

DB has backed off from the mega-vault-size of the last generation S-class,
the new ones are pretty much directly in line with the 7-series, they've
almost got the price in line with the 7s, can't speak for the driving
experience, they look nice, but they've cheapened the car somewhat to do it
(check out the interior trim vs a 740i - hard plastic on the door panels,
glovebox door feels like styrofoam.)

John.