Auxiliary Fuse box

I was installing a door lock switch in my car, a 95 325is.  Did a great job
and it all worked great.  However when I was attaching the switch for the
final install and cleanup I shorted a couple of wires that were not supposed
to be shorted.  I got smoke!  Well, my OBC and my alarm were dead.  Big
problem, I checked every fuse and none were bad.  Well, I freaked and took
it to the dealership this morning.  $150 later, it was a blown fuse in the
auxiliary fuse box.  Fuse was less than a buck, labor made up the
difference.  Just my luck, but for those of you who don't have a door lock
switch, I can tell you how to put one in really easy now.  And I can give
you very detailed instructions on what to do and what NOT to do.  But this
whole auxiliary fuse box thing just kinda pisses me off.  Who's idea was it
to have two fuse boxes?  Good grief.  Go figure.

Brent
baw2@domain.elided

PS - however, the ASC button I used lights up on the dash and works great.
I am satisfied, even if it did cost me $200 when all was said and done.  You
can do it for about $50 including the BMW switch.  For details email me.