<e36> tap tap sound? balance tires?

	Hi Gang, got a question and Hopefully someone could help me with
this.
	After heading to Vegas for Comdex this Thursday, as I was driving
from the hotel to the convention center, I noticed that there is a "tap
tap" sound coming in front of the car.  It doesn't sound like anything to
do with the motor, so I thought it might be the tires needing to be
balanced.  Before I head down to the tire shop, I want to see if anyone
had the similar problem before.  My car is setup with 17x8 all around with
Nitto 455 (215/45/17) in the front and P7000 (235/40/17) in the rear.  Its
lowered with H&R Sport and Bilstein HD.
	I been a bit of scared since I thought it might be the Bilstein
going out, but it seems that after the car runs around for a while, the
noise goes away.  Or it might be that it's blending in better?  Anyone
with similar experiences, please let me know.
	Thanks in advance,
		James
		(325is '95)

ps.  something interesting I saw in Vegas.  I have seen Hummer Limos,
Caddy Limos, Lincoln Limos.  However, yesterday I saw either a Lincoln
Navigator or Ford Expidition Limo.  Just thought that aws interesting.