How to cure curb rash?

Any pointers, ideas, or otherwise, as to how to restore a fine alloy wheel
after kissing a curb?  I know, I know, spare me the lectures.  Stuff
happens, and it occasionally happens to all of us, at one time or another,
no matter how careful one tries to be.  In any event, I've heard of
companies who offer these services, etc., but need to know anticipated
costs, pluses, minuses, and so on.  Sanding, polishing, filling, etc., but
how do they get back that fine factory glaze?

I'm in the Bay Area (Calif), and top notch referrals are much appreciated.