<02> Newbie Parts Source?

In BMW Digest v02.n1291 steve swiger <swiger@domain.elided>
wrote:

> I have aquired a '72 non-Tii 2002, and I need to know
> who you all recommend as a good source for body parts
> for the car?  Also, is there a 2002 specific list as
> well?

The best place for body parts is the local BMW dealer,
where they are surprisingly inexpensive.  When you buy
from a local source, you avoid extra shipping charges,
and you can check for damage (common) before paying.
Some but not all 2002 body parts are available through
BMW dealers.  Other possible new body part sources:

  Maximillian Importing Co.
  P.O. Box 749
  Parkton, MD 21120
  800 950-2002
  410 744-2697
  410 357-0298 fax

  Veng [something]
  [somewhere in U.S.]

Perhaps there is another source near you; where are
you located?

Chris Kent runs a great 2002 mailing list, but it is
temporarily out of order.  Watch for news at:

  http://users.ids.net/~ckent/2002email.html

Meanwhile, you can feed your habit at:

  http://www.bayarea02.com/
  http://www.bimmers.com/02/index.html