Blizzak vs. Michelin Artic Alpin

It is time to replace my worn out Blizzaks.
The Michelin Artic Alpin looks like it may be a good choice, as
it might be less squirmy in the dry than the Blizzaks.   The
real question is are they as good on the icy slop.   We get more icy
conditions than snow where I'm at, so ice performance is priority one.

I had the older style Blizzak WS15.   They have a couple new types,
the WS50, and the MZ02.   Any experience with these types?

I have been very happy with the ice and snow performance of the Blizzak
WS15, but would like something that handles a little better (and has
better wear characteristics) on the dryer, warmer days we get in between
the frozen sloppy days here in PA.

BTW, the price is comparable between the Blizzak and Alpin.

J.
'89 325i
+ others

End of bmw-digest V9 #1291