Re: A/C tesioner noise; bmw-digest V9 #1290

I had this problem with the tensioner, also.  It is apparently not
the best quality part that BMW makes and my replacement tensioner is
making the same noise again after about 6k miles and will have
to be replaced.  Question is, is this just a noise, or will it fail
and cause damage to the? Its worse in hot weather.  Botton line:  I
plan to have it replaced as frequently under warranty as it
takes until I get one that works.