E30 brakes

About a month ago one of the stems on the brake fluid resevoir popped out of
the master cylinder and all but killed my braking power. I bought a new set
of rubber gaskets for the resevoir and replaced them. After I refilled the
resevoir braking was back to normal. Yesterday I drove to school and all was
well but when I went to leave I had almost no pedal pressure. I got the car
home, but cant figure out exactly where its leaking. It seems to be some
where around the master cylinder. Are there any specific signs to look for
to see if the master cylinder is just worn out? Any common places for the
brake lines to leak? The weirdest thing is that the front right brakes pad
seems to be scraping at all times whether the brakes are applied or not?
Would this maybe indicate that the leak is in the right front brake line and
no fluid is reaching the brake mechanism? Everything I read in the chilton
manual seems to want to point to the master cylinder, but I dont want to
replace somethign that doesn't need it. ANy help would be greatly
appreciated. All you guys on the list have been a great resource of
information. THank you all.

Phillip Detering
325e