Over Rev M3 HELP !

Over the years I have seen many posts about Over-rev/ missed shifts. Well it
finally happened to me. I need to know if anyone has been sucessful in
getting any warranty coverage. I have at least a bent valve, but no blown
motor. The car runs fine sometimes. The dealer has already said it will not
be covered but I have read that some of you had received "good will money"
and coverage for similar problems. Who should I write letters to ? Any
stories and info you may have will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Sean    (duk007 @domain.elided)
1998 M3 12K miles that doesn't run very well
1999 Chevy Surburban ( Has never been denied coverage )
1990 Honda Accord 100K (always covered )

End of bmw-digest V9 #1285