'98 318ti - Alarm - Minidisc - Cruise Control - Foglights

Well, Tuesday, I traded in my '88 Alfa Spider for a '98 318ti.  I've
dropped the Alfa-digest and have just joined this list as well as the
318ti list (my apologies for those on the 318ti list that have to read
this twice).  I have a few questions about adding options.  I'd like to
do the work myself, if possible.

1.  I'd like to install an alarm with keyless entry.  Any
recomendations?  Anyone know of a website with 318 specific
instructions.

2.  My sound system came with a casette head unit and trunk mounted cd
changer.  I have tons of minidiscs and would like to install a minidisc
player that will still control the changer.  I'm looking at a Sony head
unit that controls a Sony cd changer.  Crutchfield says that the Sony
unit will fit the car.  Does anyone know if I will be able to control
the BMW changer (assumed to be Alpine) with the Sony head unit?  Maybe
via an adapter?  Also, I seem to have read somewhere that you can't just

replace the factory head unit because it has built in crossovers for the

10 individual speakers, which most head units do not carry?  Any input
on this would be appreciated.

3.  Also, I would like to install cruise control.  Any recomendations
here?

4.  Finally, can anyone recomend an easy way to install fog-lights.  The

threads that I have read so far are beginning to steer me away from that

install.  If there's no easy way, does anyone know of a reasonably
priced national chain store that could do the job?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Frank
Charleston, SC