E46 Moonroof

2000 323i has a strange problem with its moonroof, probably
a computer programming glitch. On occasion, after start,
pressing moonroof open switch has no effect. Pressing
moonroof close switch opens as vent (no kidding). THEN
pressing moonroof close switch closes moonroof. Then
pressing moonroof open or vent open operates normally.
Anyone else see this problem? I know the Japonischers cannot
write firmware code to save their lives, but I'm surprised
the Deutschlanders have the same problem.