Inspection Time

Well boys and girls it looks like it's time to have the ole inspection done
on my car(95 325i 80K)and I was wondering if I should do it myself or have
it done.  I have read in the glove box manual what has to be done and
checked and it doesn't sound too complex, but heck what do I know.  I have
been maintaining it myself and changing all the filters and oil since I
bought it but I have not done a full service to it.  Watcha'll think?  I
have the basic tools and the basic skills is what enough??  If so where is
the best place to purchase everything I will need from?  I had been getting
them from the stealer but is there a cheaper source/sources?  I think it is
also time to change the manual transmission fluid...what do you all
recommend?  I don't do track events but do drive the car nice and hard.  Any
suggestion are appreciated!!

Manuel Paredes
95 325i,5 spd. sharked, X-ed, M3mflrd
L.A. BMWCCA

P.S. I want to check the strut mount, what do I need to look for?