Alignment Problem

BMW Digest,

The steering on my '89 535i drifts continuously to the right when driving
straight.  This occurs regardless of side winds or side of road crown.  I
had the front realigned (the tire dealer said that the rear of an 1989 535i
cannot be adjusted).  This did not work, so I had new Michelin Pilots
installed and it still drifts.

Constantly haveing to steer to the left to correct this is frustrating.  My
'88 325 does not have this problem - it drives straight as an arrow.

Any solutions or suggestions to alleviate this problem?

Thanks,

Jim Lofgren
lofgren@domain.elided