Inspection Time

I don't want to interrupt the "Break in" thread but I have a question...is
it worth it to do the inspection on my car or should I just have it done by
a shop??  My car is a 95 325i 80K.  I have the basic skills along with the
basic tools, is that enough to do the inspection??  I've been changing the
oil and filter my self and I have read the owners manual that comes with the
car.  It doesn't seem that hard to do but then again what do I know.  I
would like to do it myself just so I could bond a little more with my baby.
What do you all think?  should I tickle my baby's tummy or should I leave it
to the proffesionals?  I also think it's time to change the manual tranny
fluid.  Any recommendations?  Any good or bad experiences will be
appreciated!!  TIA!

Manuel Paredes
95 325i sharked, X-ed, M3mflrd
L.A. BMWCCA

P.S.  What is a good source for the parts I will need?