re: have to give up garage spot to fiancee - ouch!

In regards to car covers:  I have a 95 M3, bright red which is one of the
worst colors for sun damage/fading.  I don't have a garage, so it is always
outside.  I cover it religiously, I mean at night _and_ when I park it at
work.  The only time it gets sun is when I'm in it!  I live in California, so
I have zero experience with car covers in snow.  But it has sat through lots
of wind and rain in the winter (I drive the truck), and has been bird crapped
on innumerable times.  Let me tell you, my car looks NEW.  I am not
exaggerating.  I use a Cover Craft cover made out of (I think it's Kimberly
Clark) Evolution IV material.  It's bulky, but it works!  Highly recommend
it.  Also, keep your car clean and waxed, and when it gets a little dust on
it just use a California Duster or cheap equivalent.  I use one all the time,
and have never gotten a scratch.  I don't dust the car when it's really dirty
though, only a light dust on a clean car.  Good luck.

Curt Allen

p.s. Covering the car is a pain, but in my estimation it's worth it.