RE: have to give up garage spot to fiancee - ouch!- parking a 740 i with or without a cover?!

> > I have to park the 740i in the - gulp - driveway now - arghhhhhhh.
>
> <snip> Should I get a car cover for this car, or just leave it out
> there????

Hi,

I suppose a change in fianc=E9 is out of the question :-)
Seriously now, I own a 1985 E30, the car is always parked in my drive way=
,
other than some
minor decolorization of the mirror plastic, the metallic dolphin blue pai=
nt
job is as it was 15 years ago !
German cars are build to last, with the proper care (waxing, silicone
treatment of plastic/rubber parts,
ect) the car will stay in mint condition for ever...
I have found BMW metallic paint to be very resistant to bird crap, we hav=
lots of pigeons and some
big black bird (not crow) nesting on our trees, and other than the hassle=
 of
cleaning the crap, the paint
has not been damaged...

Demetre