I've decided to leave the 740i in the driveway, and the 911 safely in the garage...boo hoo

Thanks for all the great responses to my new fiance dilemma - her 95 540i
is there to stay, in my sorely missed garage spot.  I can't bear the
thought of putting the Porsche out in the driveway, even WITH a Noah car
cover over it (it will be a pain when it rains, snows, etc), so I guess I'm
stuck just basically leaving the 740i out on the driveway, and will TRY my
best to clean it thoroughly once a week.  I'm in an area of all
Victorian/Colonial homes in a picture pretty Norman Rockwell sort of
neighborhood (anyone sick yet?) that makes having a canopy covering
impossible (no room, and my neighbors would kill me if I put one up).
Additionally, as some had suggested, building another garage or other
structure is impossible as there is no room for it on the property (it's
right outside Wash DC and the lots are SMALL).  Finding a new house with a
3 car garage is out, as I can't afford it, nor do I really want to move - I
love my neighborhood.  And, getting rid of the fiancee, just so I can get
my spot in the garage back is out, as I just spent ALOT on the engagement
ring, and we're past the point of no return...(just funning:)).  I thought
of putting the 740i under a Noah car cover, but decided against that too,
as I need to use it alot, and don't want to deal with it when it's wet or
snow gets on it - it freezes up and you can't take it off the car till it
gets above 40 degrees or you'll damage the cover, and possible scratch the
car.

I really don't think it will be SO bad on the car, leaving it outside, as
it's Aspen Silver/Grey leather, and it reflects alot of light from the sun
and never gets violently hot in the summer.  Besides, I'm in sales, and I'm
out on the road most of the daytime anyway, so the sun is going to damage
it enough then.  Parking the Porsche in a rental space somewhere else won't
work either, as I drive it too much during the week after work to make it
worthwhile.  I need it readily available, and clean, so keeping it in the
garage works for me.  I guess that's the end of it.  I just have to suffer
through frozen winters, frozen sleet storms, snows of 6 inches and more,
bird droppings, torrential rains and the rest... but, I keep telling
myself...it's just a car, it's just a car....sort of.

I'll miss that ole garage spot, we had some good times together, it was
always there for me when I needed it, but sometimes it's just best to let
go and get on with life.  I guess I'll find out what it's like to be just
like the rest of the shmoes that have to scrape off their cars this winter.
Aaargghhhh.

Steve Robinson
1995 740i relegated to the driveway - ah, the things we do for love
1988 911  sleeping quietly again
1995 540i  the fiancee's - clean as a whistle, thanks to me!