E30 hood rust

    The hood on my E30 is rusting on the passenger's side just above the
headlights; it looks as if the foam mounted behind this space on the top of
the plastic trim headlight surround thing was retaining some water and caused
this problem. The driver's side looks fine. The rust is mostly on the seam
but it's slowly but surely going 'round the bend to the visible portion of
the hood.
    The body guy says it's an expensive fix - about $400 for a spot about 5
inches long and less than in inch wide. He told me to find a spare hood,
which he'd be happy to paint for about $275.
    I was daydreaming about procuring a hood made of aluminium - like an M3
touring car part or something.

    1.) Is there such a thing, and
    2.) Would it be available at a reasonable price?

    I do plan to keep the car forever.

Thanks,

Chris Lordan
BMWCCA