re: cupholders

The hang-on cupholder will hold a 12 oz. can O.K. but put a big cup in it
and go around a corner and you're asking for a sticky spill(ask me how I
know).  As for one to put in the rectangular hole in the console, THERE IS
one available, as I have it in my 540.  The thing comes in a one or two
holder arrangement, and double faced tape holds it down in the cubbyhole.
They fold up when not in use and come in different colors to match or
contrast with your interior.  I have silver-grey leather, but I chose the
darker grey cupholder and it matches the upper dashboard and blends nicely,
also doesn't show dirt as badly.  It is advertised in Roundel and Bimmer,
double job costs $80, single about $0 I think.

Bill Mitchell
'95 540i/6(diff broke this morning, argh!)
'90 325is
'97 740iL
<Why doesn't someone make either a cupholder or a useful covered compartment
for that rectangular hole between the armrests.  I guess people with
integrated phones have their phones there, but for those of us with portable
phones its just a box.  I did find that a paper cup from the fast food
places wedges in there, as does a 12 ounce bottle.

But that hang on cup holder is real ugly.