Summary:M3 oil consumption

   Well thanks to all who responded to my concerns about oil consumption on
my '99 M3.  The overwhelming concensus is that the behavior is relatively
normal.  Most commented about greater consumption during the first 10,000
miles or so.  Oil is then still consummed at middle age, but at a much
reduced rate.  I feel much better hearing this from many members on this
list instead of just a from a BMW service manager.
Thanks,
Jaime (in the Santa Cruz Mountains of N. CA, USA)