E30 questions

I have several questions for you guys to help me with.

1. Changed the oil in my '90 325i yesterday. The owners manual specifies
4.2 US quarts + .26 with filter. It tool the whole 5 quarts to get to
the upper mark on the dip stick. Did I miss something? I also noticed
that this car has an oil cooler. How do you get the oil out of there or
am I mixing oil with new?
2. I turned on the wipers yesterday and they wouldn't start wiping, in
any of the 3 speeds. I could pull back for washing & they would wipe the
wash off. I did this several times & some 2-3 minutes later they started
working fine. What do I need to look at?
3. I tried to reset the the service lights. One green was left on at the
time of this oil change. Tried to reset twice and all I get is the one
green light. My assumption is that the others are "burnt out?". Give me
some suggestions on this one.
4. My temperature gage always reads some where between the 1st & 2nd
line, never reaching the 12:00 position. All my other Bimmers have
always read right at 12:00 straight up. Soo, I have decided to replace
the thermostat. Checked with the local parts store & he showed a 180 deg
for the 325ic model & 191 deg. for the 325i(s) models. Why the
difference? Could the previous owner have put in the "Cheaper" 325ic
thermostat? What is the problems from NOt running at 180 instead of 191?

5. Had the A/C recharged & some dye put in to check for leaks. I can see
some dye at the dryer next to the "?????" electrical switch that's
located at the sight glass. What is this switch called that seems to be
leaking?

Thanks for the help all.
Richard Vaughn BMW CCA
'95 740i