E 28 BMW sport seat removal

Hi:
I have an '88 535is with the BMW sport seats.  My son was enjoying the seat
electronics too much, and the passenger seat now is in a permanent fixed
position, both the siding movement and  seat back rake.  I released the
gears of the seat back to at least get a normal seat back position, but I
need to remove the seat to check out the motors to get the seat to move on
the rails again.
I can not get to the back rail bolts.  Bentley talks about removing the
standard seats, but it appears that  technique doesn't apply to the sport
seats.  Have any of you successfully removed the sport seat from above the
rail?
I'd appreciate any insight!
Thanks
Pete Confar