re: <e30> No reverse lights!

>>  Where would I find the "switch" that controls the reverse lights.

On standard transmission E30's, the switch is on the right (passenger) side
of the transmission.  It's a plunger-type device about the size and shape
of a spark plug. It has two wires coming out of it with female connecters
that slide on.  The switch is about $15, but it is a PITA to get to.  If
you have a 9 year old, now's the time to make good use of their small
hands.

On automatics, I think you have to go in from the passenger compartment
through the shifter.

Ted Staib
Fairfax, VA
'91 325i