getting to the battery

Sometimes I think I'm pretty dumb and most of those times I am right.  O.K,
my 95 525i has not been driven for a while.  I go to start it, nothing, nada.
 It won't even respond to a "jump".  It has 70k miles, and it has gotten cold
here all ready in Minnesota, so I figure she'd due for a new battery.  Well,
this thing is under the rear seat, right?  Well, my locks only allow me to
open a door with a keyhole, meaning the rear doors won't open.  I tried to
pull them up from inside, no luck.

So, what is the error of my ways?

John