AW: Frankfurt Auto Show, a few details more

I want to thank Paul for his detailed description of the event. I agree w=
ith
all he said - just a few little details I hope you find interesting.

- - BMW took consequences on the masses of people in the tent and restricte=
entry on the following days. I think it was also good for security as wel=
l.
- - The L7 is stretched exactly 10 inches in addition to the 750iL, which i=
itself is 5.6 inches longer than the standard model. This makes for a rea=
lly
adequate legroom, especially when you compare the car with a RR Silver
Seraph/Bentley Arnage, which have exactly the same exterior dimensions. I
have material of the car here, so if anyone wants scanned photos, just em=
ail
me. The bulkhead is extra, reducing legroom to standard iL=B4s dimensions
again, so the "normal" L7s are shipping without. Anyway, these cars are o=
nly
built on order, so you can have them as you like.
- - Despite the fact that the X5 on display had mph gauges - BMW Individual
won=B4t come to the US in the near future for the X5. That=B4s because it=
=B4s
assembled in the US, and Individual is only in Munich, so the car would h=
ave
to be shipped twice before one can take delivery in the states. For Europ=
e,
Individual gets X5s with exactly the parts / the parst missing needed to
complete it.
- - The M5 was shown first on an Autoshow in Germany, but has been availabl=
for some 9 months now.
- - The low tire pressure system with ABS sensors is just a study. Producti=
on
will continue with the RDC system using transmitters in the wheels and
antennas in the fenders.
- - ALC will not only work on navigation input, but also on a combination o=
steering wheel motion, gas/brake pedal, adaptive cruise control and
load/g-force sensors, thus eliminating the problem with inaccurate map da=
ta.

I agree with you fully that one can evaluate the cars in Geneva much bett=
er
than in Frankfurt. On some days you didn=B4t even see the cars, because s=
many people were standing around.

Bye, Martin.

=B494 750iL http://www.cadco.com/750iL/e32digest2.htm
=B495 540i Touring