Re: k-jet Idling Problems

K-Jetronic idling, 144K miles

 The overall situation is as follows:

 On cold start the engine does not idle at 1500 rpm but stays at below
 900 and occasionally stalls if not assisted by  pressing the
 accellerator.

 When the engine is warm, idling will rise automatically to 1500,
instead
 of 950 RPM. Although I will be able at times to reduce it to 950 RPM by
engaging on
 high gear and braking, after a few seconds idling will rise again to
 1500. When I adjust this from the regulator screw it will then be
difficult to start a  cold engine.

 I have fitted an brand new auxilliary air valve, but the problem is
still there. Both   coolant and air pipes are clear.

 Can someone suggest something please.

 Thanks

 Tony