Another newbie has some questions

Howdy y'all !

I am the proud new owner of a 1989 535i A.
I nave no owner's manual so here are some
really dumb questions for ANYONE to answer.

Next to the shift lever is a switch marked A at
one end and M at the other. How is it used?

Is the orange dipstick for oil and the yellow one
for transmission fluid?

Would 20W50 in summer and 10W40 in winter be
appropriate oil weights for a Houston resident?

If someone could send me copies of the pages from the
owner's manual concerning the trip computer, I am ready
to compensate you for your trouble ;-)   Let's talk off-line.

TIA

Jack Schmock