Re: bmw-digest V9 #1231

Toshi? said:-

>hello all, I'm currently re-building my fine automobile (c below)
>I'd like 2 have internals of the shell, and other rust-prone spots
>rust-proofed <snip>

The popular aftermarket rustproofer in the UK is Waxoyl, its widely
available here in various kit forms for DIY application, you need to bang
holes in the relevant box sections to apply, unless there are holes already
there.

To get a top job tho, there are companies here that will photograph and
record the insides of the box sections with a fiber optic endoscope
(camera), they then treat any specific areas of rust before injecting the
waxoyl, the film is presented to the customer on completion, don't know what
the cost is or if this is available in Oz.

Just for interest: my mothers Mk II VW Polo, leaks sticky wax all over the
drive when the weather is hot.  Well rustproofed but a bugger to remove from
concrete slabs.

Jason