Re: <E36> SRS Light Re-set?

From: ingraham@domain.elided (Curtis A. Ingraham)

>In BMW Digest v09.n1223 Matthew Rogers <Rogers_MR@domain.elided>
>wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, I turned the ignition key on before I reconnected
>> the wires for the seat belt pretensioners.  The SRS light is now
>> on permanently.
>
>Sorry -- you're stuck with a visit to a dealer.  Even independent
>BMW shops typically can't reset the SRS light.

Well, if you're willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to avoid setting
up an appointment at your dealer and then spending the 10 minutes it takes
to reset the light, you can buy a reset tool that will reset all the
service indicators and the SRS light.  There are at least two sources for
these advertising in the Roundel.

Jim Ochi
jochi@domain.elided