RE: New Stereo for E30?

Robert Phelan wrote:

>Well, I've finaly gotten fed up with the malfunctioning tape player in my
>factory stereo and have decided to replace it with a CD system.  I have =
an
>86 325es and I was curious if anyone had experience with different =
systems
>in these cars.  I'm not looking to get new speakers or anything, just a =
new
>dash unit.  Any ideas?

Robert:
I, too, got fed up with my tape player but didn't really want to go to the =
time and expense of replacing the head unit, as I already had a power amp =
that improved the quality of the sound enough from the existing head unit. =
 Instead of replacing the in-dash unit, you may want to consider this =
option.  I went to Best Buy and bought the cheapest 10 disk CD changer =
they had (an Audiovox for $149 that connects to, and sends the sound =
through, your radio antenna) .  I popped it (and the RF modulator) in the =
trunk in about an hour, and ran the wired remote under the back seat and =
up to the console between the seats.  Never even had to crawl under the =
dash.  While the audiophiles out there will probably snicker, the =
now-digital signal gojng to the OEM (but amplified) head unit is MUCH =
better than the tape deck could ever produce, and the cheap-o Audiovox =
changer has never once skipped a beat.  Just a thought.
Mike
85 325es

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.