RE: <E30> rear view mirror vibration

It appears that I may have been inaccurate in my post regarding E30 maplight
mirrors.  As I recall walking around the parking lot at a few CCA events, the
only e30's that could accept the maplight rearview mirror were the M3's.
However, the e30 cabrios, sedans, and coupes all APPEARED to have windshield
"twist mounts," not headliner mounts  - I dont' know if they were just
older/younger models.

Anyway, to mount a maplight mirror (which does come with a "stabilizing peg"
that rests against the windshield) in your e30, THERE MUST BE a rectangular
mounting plate in the headliner to accept the mirror mount, NOT a twist mount on
the windshield.

If you would like a clarification, eMail me.

Regards,

David
- ---------------------- Forwarded by David Gellman/NYMETRO/PART/CSC on 09/13/99

David Gellman/NYMETRO/PART/CSC