E36 suspension

Hello everyone,

I have one more question concerning my suspension upgrade on my 93 325is.
I am installing Bilstein sports and H&R springs (sport springs). The
problem is the front springs do not fit properly into
the upper spring seat, they fit fine into the lower spring seat( on the
strut) the upper spring seat is the original BMW piece. Is this a
manufacturing defect? I know they are the right springs as I installed the
rears with no problem.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thanks,

David